Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 28 the wounded soul

This is the day the LORD has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118
Day 28
Im going to give thanks and praise to God every day for 6 months no matter what life brings,
This is my challenge to myself. Some days it's easy , others not, and some days seem ordinary with nothing really that special. I guess that is what part of the challenge is.
Lately I seem to be very emotional, more sensitive to others than ordinary. Awhile back you may remember I prayed several times for God to break my heart for what breaks his and to really look into the eyes of others around me and feel . Feel their sorrow, feel their pain, feel their happiness, laugh with them, cry with them.
I have a new friend. my new friend barely speaks english. She is always smiling but I see something more when I look into her eyes, something familiar. I know that smile, it's the same smile I have used. The mask that hides the wounded soul. We see it every day on different people and it's so easy to overlook. Untill you stop and say hello, and look and see.
I see beauty, I see pain, I see happiness to have someone to share with, i see  a life that has lived a million hurts,  and shared a thousand laughs, and a heart that grieves for a love that has betrayed.
Shattered.Broken. Bruised.Despair.Lonliness.Wondering why.
Tangled together in a beautiful mess.
The mask that hides the wounded soul slowly begins to crack, and another smile fills the holes, untill she slowly fades away not knowing who is looking back at the reflection in the mirror.
I share her tears as I try to understand her broken english and in my spirit I pray and ask for understanding and a way to communicate.
Our languages may be different, our faiths our different, but none of that matters. Our masks are the same,our pain is familiar. My heart breaks for her and I wonder why, why do we have to hurt, why do we have to suffer injustice.
We are women from different walks of life but yet I feel like we are walking down the same path in this life. So for now I just want to be a friend and listen. I'm trying to learn some basic phrases of her language but I'm not so good at it! I think she knows i mean well!
I want to help her chisel her mask off one peice at a time, untill it begins to crumble one layer at a time, to reveal the true beauty that lies beneath the  sorrow in her eyes, i know the feeling of relief when the weight has been removed and peace within radiates from the depth of my very soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment