Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 25 Renew

 This is the day the LORD has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24
Day 25  Of daily challenge to give thanks and praise everyday for 6 months no matter what life brings.

Yesterday was a great day, I had the opportunity to sit and listen to a good friend whos heart is broken. Not that it's good that she is so wounded by life, but good because she trust me, good because I paused and set my stuff down and listened with full attention and allowed my heart to break with hers. Good because Iv'e been praying for many years to not let my heart be hardened by the pain of my past, and to always feel. Really feel and be compassionate , not just in saying it but helping to carry the burdeon of loss.
 I think back to my other blog I have called A JOURNEY WITH DESTINY , yes you can read it, it's very different from this and I encourage you to read it and share it with your friends.
Anyway I feel like I've been living on top of the mountain even with the buisyness of my life. Im up there on the mountain enyoing the goodness of God and his grace.
But there comes a time when you have to journey down the mountain to pick up a friend, I have journeyed down the mountain alone, actually I have fallen over the cliff and landed at the bottom in a dark and desolate pit and I don't want my friend to be there alone, it's a very scary place.
So toay is a good day. God has given me the strenght and the courage to go to this place and meet my friend there. I see her crumpled in the dirt, facce caked with mud, to week to even shed another tear, too broken to lift her face to the sky and feel the warmth of the Son.
So pray with me, pray for healing, pray for new life, pray for courage so she can live again. Pray she has the strenght to rise up and make the journey with me to the top of the mountain.
Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
There is an abundance at the mountain top, please wont you journey with us so we may all taste the delcious fruit from the tree and celebrate together.
I am thankful for friendships.Compassion.Love.I am thankful for healing.
Lord I come before you this morning and praise you for the beauty of today, thank you for the warm sun in october and the chatter of the squirrels outside. Thank you for wanting to hear our prayers,wanting to listen to me, I find it amazing that the God who created the entire universe actually cares enough about me and what I think! Please please please let my friend feel you all around her today, let her feel love, give her the strenght for today, strenght for the moment, heal her brokenness and renew her life! thank you god! I know you can do it! amen

No comments:

Post a Comment