Monday, January 30, 2012

o happy day

This is the day the lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

So much to be thankful  for!!!
My favorite part of this whole week may seem small and insignificant based on evrything that is happening, but thats okay, it's my heart that was touched!
We finally opened up the new salon!!!! YEAH!! whew what alot of work and it looks awesome! I can't beleive I actually finished something! I'm great at starting and haveing ideas, but i'm not good at follow through, God gave me an awesome husband, thats for sure!
 But thats not the best part of my week by far!
Finally had date night, at a fancy smancy place! Yes, we had a gift card!! how nice to just talk and laugh and be together!
that comes close but wasn't the top!
This small littel peice is.
I walk out to my car and in the fresh fallen snow is a messgae written with a 7 year old finger, happy day, I think is what it said! Hard to make it out completely because the wind was blowing new snow on top of it.
SIMPLE.
HAPPY DAY
yes. it was a happy day! and today in the midst of life and watching my dreams come true, and walking knowingly down the path God has paved for me, it is a very happy day.
this week I encountered several tragic stories, stories that have saddened me greatly, young women with rare cancers, losing babies in car accidents, tumors, suicides, heart ccancers, some I've never met but have heard through a friend and we as a family have been praying for them and then I meet a family memeber of that person! My heart has been heavy this week for them, but in the midst of that, somehow I feel closer to God than I have in a long time. Prayer I'm realizing is far more powerful than I can wrap my mind around. I read this verse in revelations 8;4 4 The smoke of the incense, together with the prayers of God’s people, went up before God from the angel’s hand, I wonder if all of my prayers make a differnce sometimes, then I read this and they actually create an aroma in heaven, wow. thats my only word.
So even with the hard news, long suffering of these families, in this time not to be insensitive, I keep praying and I keep enjoying my life with those around me, because I will never know if and when it could be one of them or me, and i don't want tot live with regrets anymore, allready done that. I want a life filled with beautiful memories. So yes today is a happy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment