Monday, January 16, 2012

today is a good day

This is the day the LORD has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

What am I thankful for tody?
My life is a good life.
 I'm healthy.
 I never really was thankful for that, but lately there are many people around me, young people being diganosed with brain tumors, cancer, unexplained illness. And I complain about the last 10 pounds.
I have children.
Some wait for years and never have children, some lose their children tragically too young, some have lost them to drugs and other addictions. Some have to love with knowing they have a terminal illness.
My girls are alive, healthy, and happy! What a blessing in my life!
I have a wonderful husband.
What a joy it is to be married to my best friend. We have a unique love that I think most only dream of having. How fortunate we are.
I have a home..
A beautiful littel green house where all these wonderful memories are being made!

I feel like I'm bragging, but I'm not. It sounds like my life is perfect, but it's not.
God is taking what was meant for evil and turning it into something beautiful
Genesis 50:20
As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive, as they are today

Not saying people are being kept alive by me, just the point that God took the beautiful life I was given and all of the suffering and tragedy that occurred in it, and did not let it be for nothing. He is taking that and turning it into something beautiful. I never would of chosen this path, the pain was immense, the abuse still haunts me, but now on the other side looking back, it has brought me to where I am so in some twisted way I give thanks. Not for what happened but was is happening now, but that could'nt be without what happened. I guess it may only make sense to me in my head.

I give thanks for a fresh start. I give thanks for all the things I so easily take for granted. I rejoice in the blessings of creating this beautiful life, and am thankful for the strength to walk through it.

Today is a good day, I'm going to enjoy it and not worry about all that is surrounding me, and the littel troubles that seem big in the moment, because I know without a doubt God will provide, he will answer and he will turn it into something beautiful, I say this not just because His word says this, but because I have seen it, experienced it, touched it.
Yep, today is a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment