Friday, August 26, 2011

life of abunance

This is the day the LORD has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118;24

Day 4 of being thankful for something in my life everyday for 6 months.

Today was a fantastic day!! Work was great! I enjoyed a fun evening with friends and family, had Angel spend the day with me at work, Estella was so excited to see me after daycare, and I just listed my house and found out I have a showing allready!! I know it will sell in 2 weeks! And to finish off my fantastic day a wonderful conversation with the love of my life!!
So todayI am thankful for so much! My life is so blessed and fullfilled! I almost feel like everything I just listed is an added extra bonus. Watching the famine and drought in the Horn of Africa, mothers and fathers are walking weeks in 100+ degree heat in search of water and leaving their babies behind to die beacuse the journey is to long, I can't even begin to imagine the pain. And to think I throw out warm bottel of water half drank that I left in the car overnight.
I have a house, not the nicest,but its not a hut,
I have food in my cupboards, refrigarator and freezer, even have a drawer of food at work, not to mention my 94 cent coffe almost daily from Mc Donalds.  I know without a doubt Ill eat not just once a day but at least 3 meals and a snack  or 2. While there is a orphange ( I beleive is in africa, My friend Renee has a friend who runs it) and says the woman chose to feed their own chilren a meal one day and the orphans a meal the next day. How gut wrenching to watch and have to chose who eats and who dosent eat.
I am thankful for not only my family and friends but for living with abunance, because even when i have to go 'without' i still am so rich and blessed.
Psalm 118 26-27

 Blessed is he who comes in the name of the LORD.
   From the house of the LORD we bless you.[b]
27 The LORD is God,
   and he has made his light shine on us

Thank you God for shining your light on me! I am so thankful for your grace and true compassionate love for me. I am so overwhelmed at how good you are to me when i continue to fall short so many times on this journey, My prayer for right now is to be with everyone of those parents in the horn of africa and give them corage, strength both physically and mentally to carry on and find refuge, be with the children that are being left behind, wrap them in your arms and let them find comfort in you, please dont let another one of those littel children your children be left behind. Bring rain, pour it down,open the floodgates of heaven and drench their land, rain down manna just like in the days of Moses and fill their stomachs! i know you can , i believe you can, please Lord answer my prayer, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment