Thursday, August 25, 2011

the love award

This is the day the Lord has made, i will rejoice and be glad in it . Psalm 118:24

Day 3 of giving thanks every day for 6 months no matter what life brings.
 I wish i was a perfect mom, i think we all secertly wish that. Iwish i didnt ever yell or get mad, i secretly wish my girls were perfect too, then we could be this big happy perfect family! GAG!!!! How fun would that really be? Sure it would be great to never have any tension or stress or drama in this all girl house (oh how i feel for matt after the wedding!) Where would all the other stories come if we were perfect?  We would be a perfectly BORING family!
Oh but i do wish my oldest Angel and i wouldnt have fought today. when we do I feel terrible inside, i can see the hurt in her eyes and my heart cries! God grant me patience and wisdom.
Estella got to spend the first half of the day with me and like yesterday i listened more, tried to spend mmore quality time not just shaking my head saying uh huh, yep , okay. We are a very affectionate family, always mushy gushy hugging,kisses, handholding,rubbing backs. Our family love language is definately touch and time.
Im looking forward to having some quality time with Angel hopefully soon.
When i got home tonight Estella ran to the car to great me!! MOM I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!! My heart lept for joy!! I couldnt believe it! When was the last time she ever did that? Angel followed her out , not as a cheerful as a greeting, but i understand why. Im sure the appolgetic voicemail i left her telling her i love her didnt really win her over yet.
So its family movie night i decide, my pick, an old classic, the secret of nihm. No one can fight because its my pick! Before the movie starts Estellla RUNS EXCITEDLY into my room to get my suprise she left on my bed!!! Its a note. But not just any note. This is a note to keep forever! Its a LOVE AWARD!!! and guess who won it? Thats right ME!!!! She writes :  MOMMY THIS IS FOR YOU> I LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND A LOVE AWARD JUST FOR YOU. LOVE ESTELLA!!! SORRY I MADE YOU LOOK OLD< IM SORRY.
She drew a picture of me,but i think i look super Fabulous!!and she drew a trophy that says LOVE AWARD FOR THE MOST LOVE EVER.
What more could i ask for? I guess there will be good days and not so good ays with my girls, but even when they are not so perfect god has a way of knitting everything together for good. The family movie night wasnt perfect, there was bickering about who was chewing to loud or eating the most popcorn, but im in the middel, looking down and through it all smiling, fighting back the tears because they both have there heads on my shoulders, Angel to the left, Estella to the right hands in mine and i can kiss the top of there heas and just breath in this moment because i know it wont last long enough.
This is the day the Lord has made and I am rejoicing with a heart overflowing with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment