Wednesday, August 24, 2011

time is a gift

This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!!! Psalm 118:24

 This is day 2 of the 6 month challenge to give thanks everyday for something!! I just read the whole psalm, im not going to post the whole thing but its wonderful! so i think today i will focus in the first  verse,

                                Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
                                 for his steadfast love endures forever!
Yesterday morning when I was laying in bed enjoying my me time, my 7 year old daughter Estella came and crawled in. I LOVE it when my girls come and cuddel! But i just wanted her to lay still and be quite, because i was relaxed with my laptop and wanted to start my day peacefully. she asked me a couple times to scratch her back and i felt incredibly guilty when i said to wait!! and i had just finished my blog on giving thanks!! ugghh!
so i closed it up and scratched and rubbed her back and really just enjoyed  those moments with her. We tallked and laughed and i told her that today i was thankful for her, for my girls.

all day today she was with me at work and we had break and we read a book together, then instead of running errands i took her to the library and we stopped and had a muffin at the local food co outside and enjoyed the sunny late afternoon together, it was easier than i thought to push aside all the worries of the day and all the many things going on in my life to just stop and sit for awile and enjoy my daughter.

When we got home as we were cleaning up the yard we took the time to waltz together to  the other side, yes it would of been faster not to, but another precious memory of my day is now stored in my heart, and i am so glad i took the time.

Yes, the Lord is good!! He chose me to be these girls mom! they are a gift! A gift so special and so valuable that i realize i need to spend a littel more time and care as i unwrap each layer.
Thank you  God for my children. I love them so very much! thank you so much for this absolutely beautiful day and the time to spend with Estella, time is really a gift as well ,it goes by so quickly and i dont want to miss out on anything! thank you for all the things i sometimes take for granted, like the warm afternoon sun, without it we never would have sat at the picnic table today, for tastebuds, without them we wouldnt of enjoyed our littel muffin, for dancing, otherwise cleaning wouldnt of been so much fun! Thank you for another day to really live!!!!  
                                                    


1 comment: