Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 14 WINNER

This is the day the Lord has made and I WILL rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Day 14 of the challenge to give thanks everyday, dosent really seem like a challenge so much today. Im at The Creative Connection, 3 day art retreat in St.Paul!!!!! Im learning ALOT!!!! And thats not even the start!
I even WON the big prize! I won a Crickett!!!!! Whooohooooo!
Why is winning so fun?Why does it make me feel so important to win, to be a winner? What makes me a winner? In my eyes or your eyes? Should it really matter?
Money. does that make me a winner? well i suppose to some it would. Beauty, does that make the cut? Well beauty is fleeting and I havent colored ,my roots in awhile. Perfect kids?Well Id be a magician then!( they are pretty amazing though!)Success in my buisness? well not if its at the sacrafice of missing out on my family and all the memories we are creating.
I guess its a choice we have. We all have free will, we were born with it. I can chose not to be a winner if I chose to lie, cheat,steal. I dont want to lie to myself anymore, i dont want to cheat my girls and fiance out of precious time and memories, i don't want to steal the goodness and the authenticity of this life Iv'e been given, not even for another day.
I choose to be a winner! Not just today because i won a prize for my art room, but because I've allready been given the most fantastic prize!
 Life. its a beautiful story, my story. mine to share and to grow.
so im planting littel seeds everywhere i go. By choosing to laugh in the rain, and dance in the ashes where my heart once was,choossing to live with my eyes wide open on blind faith.

thank you lord for giving me the most amazing gift, one so agonizing yet beautiful, the gift of your Son Jesus. i am so thankful I have accepted this gift, lord i want desperatley everyone I know to have this joy, this peace. thank you for never leaving. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment