Thursday, September 8, 2011

Family

This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

Day 9. Giving thanks and rejoicing every day for 6 months.
After yesterdays blog I am trying really hard to have my eyes opened to whats around me, honestly I kinda go through this here and there, but Im going to make a consience effort to keep them open, and really see not just glance around and overlook whats aruond me  . I want tobe more in touch with people and walk not just beside them here and there, but walk a mile in there shoes, how else will my heart break for the things that break Gods? How else will I ever really truly know not only my family, my friends, my clients, but my community,my brothers and sisters? I want to see more clearly.
Today I am thankful for so much and its only 8 am! I had a fantastic wake up from Estella! She came to me rubbing my back and singing a wake up song with kisses! Then I curled Angels hair and we decided the best way to study her AP history class was to sing it! Funny!
But today is an exciting day! My cousin Keith is flying here from Louisianna! My best friend growing up! Wev'e only seen each other 3 times since 1989. WOW . Not enough at all.
I have missed him so much. I feel like a littel girl on Christmas Eve, not wanting to go to sleep! I don't want to go to work! Im too excited!
I'm thankful toay for relationships. Thankful for hearts that never stop loving acrosss the miles. Not all the time we have missed out on but the time we will cherish makeing new memories this weekend!
Thankful for the special bond of friendship we have.
This is a great day! Now I'm off to my friend Andreas home for cofee with my girlfriends! Then to work, then to see my my hearts closest truest  friend, Keith, I love you!!!!!

Thank you God for relationships and love and family! I cant even begin to imagine how much you love all of us and can contain it all! My heart sometimes feels like its going to burst with love and excitement! especially on a day like today!  thank you so much for the special funny moments with my girls this morning too! Keep them safe today while we are apart. but in all this excitement please help me to see all around me and not lose my focus, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment