Friday, September 9, 2011

simple

This is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118:24

Day 10. Challenge to be thankful everyday for 6 months no matter what life brings.
Yesterday was amazing! Seeing familiy and remincing of our youth, wow how the years have flown by.
Today is going to be more than a good day. I can feel it.
Do you ever wake up and even before the sleep is rubbed from your eyes you know that this day is going to be amazing? I love that feeling! It's almost like a high in some way. I want more of it! Yesterday was that way as well! Makes me slightly nervous because inside I know the truth, what comes up must come down. For now though I am going to enjoy this feeling and not worry about what is ahead.
I enjoy the simple pleasures as well as the big and exciting things. But simple things come more often than the big moments. What I'm learning is to see the simple small things as something more and at the end of the day or week they do add up to one big moment.
Some would say they know me very well, even call me friend. they would say I'm usually happy, smiling, spontaneous , cheery. That is true but I'm also human and when they really know me would know I have struggels, sadness, loss, and other things in my life I have overcome and am still choosing to heal from.
So these littel simple joys are usually just that, simple. But on other days these simple moments can be monumentous.  Maybe trying to be thankful everyday will create a habit, a habit to find the good no matter what, just let it be automatic.
This morning my car wouldn't start. For some reason the key wouldn't turn, like it was locked. Angel was going to drive today and at first I started to get upset because I was thinking of all the possibilities and car repairs and if the ignition was out or something where would I get the money plus its not even paid for. Uggghh. Then I took a breath, thanked God in my mind for the sun. Thankful we were at home, not out of town or at the store in a rain storm or anything. I kept praying and finally the key turned. odd. So I drove and I thought, hmm maybe this was some kind of divine intervention that saved us from an accident.Who knows.maybe it was just a weird thing with my car. I will never know but I'm glad I didn't spend my time in anger or frustration.
Today is a great day and I am rejoicing. I've had coffee with my sweetheart, time with my girls and my car is still running. My car is a thing, my relationships hold so much more value and we got to spend an extra 15 minutes together just her and I. I'm thankful I didn't waste them .
Thank you God for these littel moments and for this wonderful sunshiney day!

No comments:

Post a Comment